If you’re feeling like your life is a whirlwind, nothing seems to be working out right for you. I highly recommend learning the art of setting powerful intentions.
The thing is, life seems to be all over the place for us when we truly have no direction. Setting intentions means creating direction by suggesting a desire you would love. It’s important to now be stuck and fixated on what you desire because sometimes opportunities in your life will show up in ways that you least expect.
When you set intentions it’s important to create a positive feeling & vision around what you desire. There is a process of becoming incredibly clear about what you desire. It’s also important to note two incompatible things at the same time. Set intentions that serve under the same vision.
If you do not have a vision for your life. I strongly encourage you to think, learn and start creating what your vision for your life is. Consider creating a vision about the core 3 areas of life that we focus on here at The You Series. For now, let’s focus on the steps to setting great intentions.
A Solid Foundation For Setting Powerful Intentions:
Using intentions effectively takes lots of practice. A part of successfully delegating your life through intentions is believing that what you desire is 100% possible and that it’s only a matter of time before the result is going to come for you.
Here are a few rules for setting intentions:
- Make sure you’ve done the healing that’s necessary.
- Do not be focused on how, when, and where you expect your desire to happen.
- Have faith and trust that things will fall into place in perfect timing for you.
- If you’re feeling negative about your intention, stop and let go of any expectations around your intention.
- Create, continue to add to, and hold a clear picture in your mind of what you desire.
- Speak words that are in alignment with your intention and what you desire.
1. Decide What You Want…
1. Have a strong long-term vision.
Having a vision is actually key to setting powerful intentions that actually come to life for you. Many people are living from day to day without a clear picture in their minds about…
- Who they are…
- Who they see themselves building relationships with… Family, friends, and romantically.
- Where they’re going…?
Holding a video is what allows you to manifest your desired outcome faster & more frequently. What most people don’t realize is that we are all already manifesting on autopilot everyday. They key is to get in the drivers seat about what you’re manifesting day-to-day.
2. Make sure you have removed any limiting beliefs that may be holding you back.
A huge part of setting powerful intentions is reducing, and removing any road blocks that may be in your way. Intentions do not happen in the face of resistance. When you have lots of walls up protecting from past experiences. You also create resistance. Resistance will not get you to your goals of dreams.
3. Set an intention that’s in alignment with your core values.
Doesn’t matter what you do in your life, here at The You Series we teach you to stay in alignment with your core values. Life will feel more alignment when you stay in alignment with your core values. So before you start setting intentions for yourself. Make sure you know what your core values are. If you are not sure what they are, make sure to learn more about your core values first (make sure to download the free eBook that will help you clarify your core values).
2. Articulate Your Intention Carefully.
What I mean by articulate, is to create a crystal clear picture around your ask and intention. Be specific about every detail. Being about to articulate yourself clearly is a huge self-trust & confidence builder. So make sure you practice this skill when it comes to setting powerful intentions. The only way to learn this skill is to do it daily!
If you’re creating an intention around the next new job you’d like to get in a better position. Create and clarify the little specific details..
- Your Desk? What does it have on it?
- What color are the walls in your office?
- What are your boss’s characteristics?
- What are your co-workers like? Be very specific.
Or let’s say… In romance, when getting clear about who your ideal partner will be. The man or woman you desire to be with. Clarify the following…
His or Her Characteristics:
- What are they like?
- What do they do for a living?
- How do they treat their family?
- What are their values?
- How do they treat you?
His or Her Physical Appearance:
- What do they look like?
- The color of their hair?
- What color are their eyes?
You can even get as clear as setting intentions around what this ideal individual owns or where they live.
If you’re not sure where to start setting intentions, here are a few ideas about some intentions you can set.
Grab The FREE eBook!
How To Reduce Stress & Build More Confidence
3. State It and Set It Out Into The World.
A huge part of setting powerful intentions is truly being able to own what you’re asking for. All the previous steps we’ve talked about. Make sure you’re journaling and jotting down notes.
- Write it down.
- Journal about it.
- Add it to your phone notes.
- Put it on a flashcard, keep a copy in your bedroom, and in your car.
4. Let Go Of All You Cannot Control.
Letting go is the key to setting powerful intentions, and seeing their results play out in your life.
What happens when you hold on to something that you want is you create resistance, resistance creates stress. When there is resistance that is present dreams become harder to achieve. Reducing resistance, reducing stress, and learning to let go is key for allowing things that you dream of to happen more frequently for you.
Intentions tend to come through for you in your life when you’re at peace, and at ease with where your life is at.
Are you new here?
I also have the following content that focuses on helping you get out of your own way, build confidence & guide you towards taking effortless action:
- CORE VALUES: Learn More About Your Personal Core Values
- Manifestation Is Logical, Not Magical. You Already Do It Daily On Autopilot!
- Defining What It Means To Take Responsibility In Your Life
- Top Tips On How To Successfully Start Setting Intentions That Work For You
- Reduce Regret And Turn Your Past Into Powerful Lessons Learned In Life
- 7 Inspirational Short Quotes About Life: That Call Out For Abundance
- What is Self-Love and Everything You Need to Know to Improve Self-Love
Build More Confidence:
- How Taking 100% Responsibility Will Give You More Confidence
- Top Self-Trust Tips That Increase Your Confidence
- The Ultimate Guide To Feeling Confident About Who You Are!
Build Better Relationships:
5. Hold That Space.
By holding that space, you are continuing to enjoy your life. Allowing for things to fall into place as God / The Universe intends for you. What you think is best for you is not always what’s best for you. So it’s important to hold the space but continue living and enjoying life as is. Don’t be dead set on what you see happening for you. In fact, get rid of all those expectations.
Having strong confidence in who you are is a major factor in building belief in your intentions. Confidence helps you have faith in yourself. It also allows you to fell worthy for what you’re asking for through your intention.
6. Have Fun!
What do you do meanwhile?
Have fun, focus on making choices that make you happy, Spend time with loved ones, excel at work or in your career, and smile.
Surrounded yourself with loved ones and feel or find peace within yourself. Have an adventure!
7. Make It A Daily Habit.
Make it a DAILY HABIT – Set new intentions every day. Revisit old intentions, and continue to add to your list of intentions as you get new ideas or clarify new desires.
When you get a new idea. you become inspired by something you see someone else have or you clarify something about what you’re asking on a deeper level. Make sure to write it down. Have a journal close by or notes on your phone to add little details here and there that come up!
Other great articles to read on setting great intentions:
Great activities and times to set your intentions with:
- In the morning
- In the evening
- Before working out
- Through meditation
- In prayer
- Setting intentions with a group of people
- Before an event
Setting great intentions is a light easy flowing process. It’s something you need to do a little experimenting with until you find your perfect setting and system. Never give up, everyone has a different pattern that works best for them. Sometimes deepening your understanding of the subject at hand will help forward your understanding. So reading books on setting intentions and watching videos is a great task to take up.
Make sure to always CLOSE with GRATITUDE! Gratitude is the one thing that fills and overflows your cup of life with happiness. If you see all the things you have to be grateful for in your life.. setting intentions will become seem-less!