Responsibility – it’s the difference between a powerful individual, who is in control of their life. Most importantly lives with intention & feels confident. On the other hand an individual who is insecure is obnoxious, sometimes mean, unhappy and always unsettled. Certainly some people live feeling in control of their lives. However other people live out of control. To clarify they cannot get a grip and in control on their actions and reactions.
Taking 100% responsibility makes you powerful & allows you to actually see how in control you are of your life.
You’ll also notice that you can only control yourself but there is so much power in being able to do so.
1. Defining Responsibility:
What I’m going to ask you to consider is that words are powerful. Any word has a certain intention. I believe that it’s definition has an effect on that intention. That is why it is important to take a look at how a word is universally defined.
I didn’t memorize the dictionary, so started looking up definitions instead. Most importantly, questioning the meaning of the words I use each day.
Above all, it’s been a powerful shift. I encourage you to start looking into the words you use every day, therefore become more curious about their intention.
Now! Let’s talk about the detention of responsibility.
View this post on Instagram
Definition Of Responsibility:
- “the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.”
- Similar: “authority, control, power, leadership, management, influence, duty”
- “the state or fact of being accountable or to blame for something.
- Similar: “blame, fault, guilt, culpability, blameworthiness, liability”
- “the opportunity or ability to act independently and make decisions without authorization.”
What This Definition Tells Us:
What you’ll notice is that the definition. The similar words have a lot of power in the word itself.
First of all, the definition describes what responsibility is. For example, it’s accountability, being in control, having duty over yourself in this case.
Secondly, the similar words give you an idea of the direction responsibility gives you. You can become more of those similar words by working on responsibility. Above all, those similar words have an impact on your life. In conclusion always taking a look at any word and their intention.
Finally, taking a look at how it all applies to you.
For example: in this case, what similar words are telling us is that becoming more responsible will give you more power, control & influence.
Responsibility Defintion Highlights:
- Firstly, it’s having duty over one’s actions.
- Secondly, it’s having more control in your life.
- Further, it’s also taking full accountability of everything that happens.
- As well as, the only person to “Pin the blame” is yourself. (This will give you the power & control of your life.)
- Lastly, Being independent in your life.
2. What Is Taking 100% Responsibility
Getting in the drivers seat of your life is a great feeling. Not only does it make you feel more confident but it leaves you feeling in control. Above all, feeling powerful.
Taking 100% Responsibility Is:
3. A Negative & Powerless Way Of Being
Taking 100% responsibility should leave you feeling powerful, however if you’re hard on yourself. You don’t lead with love and compassion. On the other hand you can end up dwelling on the past and the actions that you’ve taken.
The following ways of being will not give you power and they aren’t solution focused.
Negative Ways of Being:
- Hard, hurtful, mean, harsh or being cruel to yourself about a certain situation.
- Dwelling on what has happened.
- Critical or judgmental.
Creating Weakness For Yourself
4. A Positive & Powerful Way Of Being
When taking responsibility be focused on solutions and approaching yourself & others with love. As well as compassion. Above all understanding that you only have 100% control of yourself.
Approaching responsibility in this way will create the feeling of possibility and freedom to create anything in your life.
Positive Ways of Being:
- Be Loving.
- Be kind.
- Being Understanding.
- Be Accepting.
- Being Compassionate.
Create Power For Yourself.
5. The 3 Responsibility Questions You Can Ask Yourself.
The more responsibility you take in your life, the more confident and powerful you’ll become.
Ask yourself the following questions every night before bed.